Friday, September 30, 2011

Thanks Obamabaad

I want to say thanks to Obama for ruining my one day off, if I can sound typically LA (that means selfish, shallow and not making eye contact) and not give a shit about anything. The Zechs Marquise were playing a free show last night at Cheetahs to promote their new album.

This of course is Omar Rodriguez Lopez's little brother's band, an experimental experiment of musical stylings. They are heavy doses of outer space and funk, and energetic fusion and a bit of jamminess to 'em (unfortunately that's my best description) If you like the Mars Volta, and weird 70's jazz then you'd probably dig this.

They just so happened to be playing at nice looking gentlemen's club, Cheetahs on Hollywood Blvd. One I wouldn't mind getting an erection at and be seen out front with it.

To add insult to injury, I found out the presidential entourage only blocked of certain streets for about and hour and I actually could have driven to the show. Instead I got drunk and jacked off while all my roommates were home, then took a Benadryl at 3 am.

I recommend these guys. I think their album drops today, but you can stream some shit right meow. Zechs Marquise

No comments:

Post a Comment